Learn how to get started with our mobile app, Unio Care.
II. What is Unio Care?
Unio Care is a patient portal app for residents of long-term facilities and their care families, available on iOS and Android devices. By adding facility-approved care members to a loved one's portal, residents and caregivers of loved ones are able to easily access relevant health information via the care profile to make timely and informed decisions about their loved ones' health.
You are able to view vitals, medications, name(s) of healthcare provider(s), diagnoses, emergency contacts, facility information, and phone number(s) from the care profile. You can even set notification alerts for changes in health information.
Continue reading below to learn how to sign up for a new account, log into your account, and access the care profile.
Related article: Who can use the Unio Care app?
III. Download the Unio Care App
- On your iOS device, tap on the "Download on the App Store" badge below.
- Tap Get, then tap Install.
- If prompted to sign in, sign in to the App Store on your device to complete the installation.
- To open the app, tap the Unio Care app icon from your home screen.
- On your Android device, tap on the "Get it on Google Play" badge below.
- Tap the Install button.
- To open the app, tap Open when the installation has completed, or tap the Unio Care app icon from your home screen or app drawer.
Related article: How to Download Unio Care
IV. Sign Up for a New Account
To get started using Unio Care, you must first sign up for an account.
Note: You must sign up using the email address that your loved one's facility has on file for you. You may already be receiving notifications or emails from the facility to the inbox of this email address.
Sign up with Email Address
- From the home screen, tap on "Sign up with Email" button. If you are seeing "Log In with Email," tap on "Don't have an account? Sign up" at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter your email address, and create a secure password. Then, tap the "Continue" button.
Note: Your password should be between 8 to 16 characters, and must contain at least one lowercase character, uppercase character, alphanumeric character, and special character.
- Enter in your first name and last name. It is important for us to know who you are, so we can connect you to your loved one.
V. Log into an Existing AccountWhen you first sign up for an account, you will automatically be logged in. If you have logged out or re-installed Unio Care, you can log in by following the steps below.
- Tap on the "Log in" button.
- Enter your password and tap on the "Log in" button at the bottom.
Reset My Password
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it in the app by following the steps below.
- Tap on the "Log in" button.
- Tap on the "Forgot Password?" link below the password field.
- Enter your email address on both lines.
VI. Link Care Profile to an Account
When a resident signs up for Unio Care by signing the Unio authorization form, the administrator at the facility will have a personal invite code generated and sent to the email address of the authorized user listed on the form. If you are invited, you will receive an email with the subject line "You're invited to the Unio Care app."
Follow the quick guide in the email, or continue reading below, to learn how to link the care profile of your loved one to your Unio Care account.
I have not yet created an account.
- Follow the steps above to sign up for an account.
- When you get to Step 3, on a screen that says "Verify your information," enter your personal invite code in the Invite Code line.
I have already created my account.
- Once you are logged into your Unio Care account, navigate to the "Home" view by tapping on the left-most icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter your personal invite code you received to your email, and tap on the "Enter Code" button.
Tip: If you have not received your personal invite code, please email the Unio support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VII. Request to Connect to My Loved One
If you've downloaded the app before your loved one has signed up for Unio Care, or before you've received an invite code, you can request to connect to your loved one in the app.
To do so, simply tap the "Request to connect to my loved one" link under the invite code field. This will take you to a form where we are requesting information to help us match you with your loved one.
For your loved one, we need:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Facility they are a resident in
For you, we need:
- Your phone number
- Your relationship to your loved one
Once you have entered this information as accurately as possible, tap the "Submit" button.
Check the status of your request to connect
To check for updates on your request, tap on the "Check My Request Status" link from the app. On this page, you can view information about your request and the steps that may need to be taken in order for us to connect you to your loved one.
VIII. Frequently Asked Questions
I haven't received my personal invite code.
Ensure that your loved one has signed the Unio authorization form, or submit a request to connect from the app. If you've already completed these steps and still have not received your personal invite code, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
I received a personal invite code, but it doesn't work or says it has already expired.
For the security of care information, personal invite codes are all one-time use and expire after 14 days. Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a new invite code.
Who can see my loved one's health information?
Only contacts that have been approved and invited by the facility, as approved by your loved one, can access your loved one's health information. If you are not already an approved contact, please have your loved one or their legally responsible party complete our Unio authorization form for you.
Have a question that isn't answered here? Please on the chat icon on the bottom-right corner of your screen, or send us an email at email@example.com to ask our team members a question!